cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Purge option for embedded library

Roman-PS
Booster

There should be an easy way to remove unused or unneeded objects or elements from the embedded library.

A purge routine. 

2 Comments
Barry Kelly

I'm not sure how you could check for 'un-needed', but definitely 'purge unused' like we have in the attribute manager would be nice.

Saves selecting each one to see if it has been placed.

Barry.

Nader
Enthusiast

As a GDL programmer I can say that, although I see your point and I do agree on the concept, but in reality I do see that this would be like playing with fire, for the following reasons:

1. Some library parts (object) do call other library parts on a permanent or temporary basis (ie: they are only called when an option requires it), and if the purge deletes on of such library parts, then your main object would appear that it's broken.
  2. Also, there is an option when creating library parts that we tell the program to make sure that other library parts and files are included, so that Archicad do not mess it up.

If I was you, I would ask for Graphisoft to just mention those folders in the loaded libraries that we can safely delete since it does not contain any object that is being used by the project, and besides, library parts are usually very small and do not consume that much of resources unless it was used extensively and is badly programed

Status
Open

with 16/200 Votes 12.5%

Wish details