cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Archicad AI Visualizer
Discussions about Archicad AI Visualizer.

AI Engine just doesn't start

Chris Keen
Contributor

Really excited to start testing this but I can't get it to work.

Everything seemed to be going fine during the install / and opening process, but now that I've clicked 'Start AI Engine' it's just sitting there trying to start but doing nothing. It's being trying to start it for about 20 minutes so I'm guessing something is wrong. Any suggestions?

The two folders were copied to the two locations per the instructions (C:\sd.webui and Archicad 27 programme folder) and the port is 7860 (per the default). The computer is at/above the minimum system requirements. I can't figure it out...

waiting for AI engine to start.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

What is the point of this then. We could have installed SD without the headaches. 

Another half-baked integration by Graphisoft they can post on social media. 

Versions 10 to forced subscription
Please vote for Constant thickness to mesh What will GS do when they reach 200 votes? Less than 30 votes to go!
Please also vote for my whishes, as 200 votes in 6 months is an impossible target, don't be a bystander:
1. Relative file locations | 2. Auto text in Publishing | 3. Model types to Grasshopper | 4. Index Numbers in Search | 5. Step through Elevations | 6. Rhino is better than ArchiCAD
Here's a reminder of what you're voting for: Wishes Delivered

@Pato99 wrote:

We could have installed SD without the headaches. 

Well, based on the number of technical questions on this forum related to installing AI Visualizer, especially Stable Diffusion and its dependencies, I conclude that not everyone could install SD without headaches.

@Pato99 wrote:

Another half-baked integration by Graphisoft they can post on social media. 

I appreciate Graphisoft's efforts to popularise Stable Diffusion in the architectural masses.

The umber of technical questions about AI Visualizer shows the interest in this area.

It's great that Graphisoft is encouraging users to install a local version of Stable Diffusion, as opposed to using online services with API and tickets. After all, Apple Silicon horsepower should be put to good use.

The first steps in a new field could be difficult, but later the Archicad community could benefit from early insights into deep learning, text-to-image and image-to-image techniques.

Last but not least, if Graphisoft can attract new users through these efforts, they will increase their market share and get more resources. I hope that not only Graphisoft managers will benefit, but also Graphisoft developers.

George
Norbert Kucsma
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi timaru001,

Thanks for the question.

Did you close the Information pop-up window and it did not start after? (The Engine will start after the pop-up is closed.)

In case it still fails, please contact your local support and share the Command Prompt (select all, copy-paste) window as well. 

Thank you,

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer

Hi Florian99,

Did you leave the Command Prompt window open? Does it work after?

If it still fails, please contact your local support with the Command Prompt (select all, copy-paste) window output.

Thank you,

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer

I managed to open this and get it going, but the results are terrible. I haven't managed to get anything decent out of it. I see Joel M's comment below which suggests he's having the same issue. Maybe need to play with it a bit more. Still, this doesn't solve the Archicad add-on issue 😞

@Chris Keen wrote:

I managed to open this and get it going, but the results are terrible. I haven't managed to get anything decent out of it. I see Joel M's comment below which suggests he's having the same issue. Maybe need to play with it a bit more. Still, this doesn't solve the Archicad add-on issue 😞

Chris, if yourStable Diffusion (SD) installation works in the browser, then we can assume that the appropriate port is open and available.

If you haven't delved deeply into the Stable Diffusion tutorials, don't expect good results in a browser without parameters tuning, I suggested just checking the browser version to make sure your installation is just fine.

Archicad Add-On uses optimised parameters when interacts with Stable Diffusion API.

So if you manage to get some results in the browser (even if they're not satisfactory), but not via an add-on, it means that your hardware can't handle such heavy requests. Try to reduce add-on parameters such as iterations.

George

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!