Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

API Beginner and API Reference Offline CHM file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

Where can I download API Reference Offline HTML or CHM file for reading without internet like as API Dev Kit Document file?

P/S: I'm a beginner and I don't know how to run Hello World code in the Blog post. Are there no any tutorials or videos for beginner have an easy way to begin API? And I'm searching in all of the posts in Developer Forum, I'm feeling so hard to begin Archicad API but I won't give up.

Thank you for any suggestions.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Hai wrote:
Where can I download API Reference Offline HTML or CHM file for reading without internet like as API Dev Kit Document file?
You can download the entire developer kit from the ARCHICAD API website. This contains all the documentation and a large number of example projects. Each example has a project that can be opened, built and used with ARCHICAD running as a demo. This is a good way to get started.

I assume you have either Visual Studio or Xcode (depending on which platform you're on)?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Hai wrote:
You can download the entire developer kit from the ARCHICAD API website. This contains all the documentation and a large number of example projects. Each example has a project that can be opened, built and used with ARCHICAD running as a demo. This is a good way to get started.

I assume you have either Visual Studio or Xcode (depending on which platform you're on)?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
This contains all the documentation and a large number of example projects. Each example has a project that can be opened, built and used with ARCHICAD running as a demo. This is a good way to get started.

Thank you so much. But I'm using VS 2017 (no upgrade) to open .vcproj file then I built it but Build Error appears almost. Panel_Test file is built but when I imported it in AC, I didn't see anything (but Panel_Test has appeared in Add-on Manager)
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
It sounds like you have made a good start.

The Panel_test add-on displays additional panels in the standard Settings dialog, but they don't appear by default. You can turn them on using the Work Environment settings, e.g. Options > Work Environment > Tools Settings Dialog Boxes
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
The Panel_test add-on displays additional panels in the standard Settings dialog, but they don't appear by default. You can turn them on using the Work Environment settings, e.g. Options > Work Environment > Tools Settings Dialog Boxes
Thank you very much. I've just tested it and working for me ^^

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!