cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Calling InteroperabilityIPCRevitExport(Import)App.exe tool from add-on or console.

Lupine_CAD_Dev
Participant

Hi!
I'am new to Graphisoft  Software and it's API, I've been previously developing for Revit. 
What I wish to achieve is to create an addon automating importing RFA files to Archicad and exporitng them to GDL based format. I figured I could InteroperabilityIPCRevitExport(Import)App.exe either from console or an c++ add-on. 
So I have two questions:
Is  there a place I can find documentation or just information on required parameters for the on InteroperabilityIPCRevitExportool.
Or is there a structure/function in Api which can call external tools ??
Thank you all in advance.

EDIT:
What I mean is to use the existing tool to convert many files without user having to manually do it for each and every file. I need to access this tool from code somehow to achieve this.

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

@Lupine_CAD_Dev wrote:

What I wish to achieve is to create an addon automating importing RFA files to Archicad and exporitng them to GDL based format.

Do you really need to do this seeing it is an already built-in feature of Archicad?

Seems a bit like re-inventing the wheel.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yeah, but we have hundreds of files to convert and extract data from. It's way too tedius and time consuming to do it manually, so we want to automate this. Sorry it wasnt clear in the orginal question I should edit it.