Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

Getting API_CWallComponent surface textures

vesalaasanen
Contributor

I'm trying to retrieve these surface materials of composite wall via API. I'm getting the API_CWallComponents and for each a API_BuildingMaterialID and from there a header name. Like in the picture example "Concrete". What I need is the surface "Concrete - 04" and the associated texture "Concrete - 04 cb -opt", but I cannot find a way to access them.

buildingmaterial.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ralph Wessel
Mentor

The value of API_BuildingMaterialType.cutMaterial is the index of an API_MaterialType attribute. Use ACAPI_Attribute_Get with this index to look up the relevant API_MaterialType, which will provide you with the name etc.

Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Miha Nahtigal
Advocate

I am guessing but isn't API_BuildingMaterialType.cutMaterial the property you are looking for?

BIMquants.comBETA - Quantities and Costs Estimation in Archicad - BETA testers needed.

I'm getting empty results from there

Miha Nahtigal
Advocate

What do yo mean by empty? The property is an object API_AttributeIndex.

BIMquants.comBETA - Quantities and Costs Estimation in Archicad - BETA testers needed.
Solution
Ralph Wessel
Mentor

The value of API_BuildingMaterialType.cutMaterial is the index of an API_MaterialType attribute. Use ACAPI_Attribute_Get with this index to look up the relevant API_MaterialType, which will provide you with the name etc.

Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems

Worked! Thank you guys so much!