Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx Failure to create file

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working in AC20. When I go to publish a BIMx file it gives me a error that the thumbnail image was not created. Then it processes the file and all I get is sky. A message appears in the sky that says "The Hyper-model does not include 3D models. The 2D documentation included can only be viewed on BIMx mobile app."

Why is it failing to create the 3D model?
25 REPLIES 25
Have you checked the update of your BimX Viewer ? There is one BimX Viewer per Archicad version. You may be reading a BimX file through an earlier version of BimX Viewer ?

Have you try to read it on a iPad ?
By this way you'll be able to see 2D plan with animation
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
latecia
Participant
Yes, we used the apple app to try to view the image also, it says that there is no 3-D information contained.

Latecia Herzog

ArchiCad 19 & 20 on Windows 7 pro
ArchiCad 21 on Windows 10
intel i7-2600 3.4GHz 8GB RAM 64-bit
dual monitors
Latecia Herzog
Myers Anderson

Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700t CPU @ 2.9 GHz
Memory: 16 GB DDR4 RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro P3000 6.14GB GDDR5
Duel Monitors: Dell P2417H
User Since: 1999 v6.0
ArchiCAD 22 (7000 USA Full)
So could it be your 3D view you had to put into your folder before to plublish ?
Or
Is your model near from the origin 0.0.0 ?
Or
Is there .mod into you model, which can loose the link ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Latecia,

Did you ever solve this issue? We are having the same problem with only one of our CAD workstations (Win10). Other instances of ArchiCAD 21 running on other computers are able to generate a BIMx model, from the same .pln file without the File Error problem. We tried uninstalling and reinstalling AC21 with all default settings, and still got the error. What is even stranger, is that if we login as another user, we CAN generate a working BIMx from this same .pln file; but when logged in as the user that is assigned this computer, BIMx creation doesn't work. This last anomaly leads me to believe there is some kind of inter-operability problem between Windows 10 and ACAD 21 that may be specific to this user's Windows profile. The user has the same standard permission as all other user who can create BIMx files, so perhpas there is some deeper setting or configuration option in ACAD 21 that is tied to the actual individual computer that it is running on, that is the cause.

Anyway, just curious if you had come up with anything? Thanks!
Barry Kelly
4DArchitects wrote:
What is even stranger, is that if we login as another user, we CAN generate a working BIMx from this same .pln file; but when logged in as the user that is assigned this computer, BIMx creation doesn't work. This last anomaly leads me to believe there is some kind of inter-operability problem between Windows 10 and ACAD 21 that may be specific to this user's Windows profile. The user has the same standard permission as all other user who can create BIMx files, so perhaps there is some deeper setting or configuration option in ACAD 21 that is tied to the actual individual computer that it is running on, that is the cause.
Get that user to log into another computer and try to publish the same BIMx to the same location.
And get that user on the bad machine to publish that BIMx to the local hard drive.
I would suspect it is network read/write permissions.
I am not aware of any user permission settings in Archicad unless you are talking Teamwork.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi, did you manage to resolve this issue?