BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx Pro on Android

Anonymous
Not applicable
So whats the deal with BIMX pro on Android??

On the GS website it says that BIMx pro is not available yet for Android, yet the BIMx app I have on my Android phone gives me the option to purchase a Pro license. Whats going on?

Ive been playing around with the BIMx android app on my Galaxy Note 4
and so far its looking very impressive. I would love to have this on my desktop PC as a way to present projects to clients.
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check out the table in this article:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/bimx/bimx-license-types/#BIMx_3D_only_model_and_Hyper-mod...

BIMx Hyper-modes: If I am right, then this means whether the 2D documentation is available in your BIMx model. AS you can see this is available both on iPad and Android. This is what you can buy with the BIMx PRO license. With a BIMx PRO license you can view all your 2D-3D hyperlinked BIMx files on both mobile platforms (all models for 1 user).

2D Document Sharing: This means whether you can share a single BIMx 2D-3D hyperlinked BIMx file with other people so they too can view it on their mobile devices (1 model for all users). This is currently available only on iPad, not available on Android. I think it was mentioned somewhere on the forum that it is being developed.

On the free Desktop Viewer application neither BIMx Hyper-modes nor 2D Document Sharing is available.

Please, someone correct me if I got anything wrong. I don't have smart phone so I cannot check it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks laszlonagy,
to be honest I find the whole thing very confusing, but thats probably me.

If I understand correctly, when I buy the Pro license I will be able to save a Hypermodel from Archicad to be viewed on my Android device with both 3D AND 2D plans?

I just wont be able to share them with clients yet? Document sharing means that other android or Ipad users will in the future be able to access the project file?

Im happy anyway as I have managed to get the BIMX hypermodel Villa Balassa working on my PC desktop in full 3D/2D mode Much more fun than the simple Bimx desktop viewer
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
strawbale wrote:
Thanks laszlonagy,

If I understand correctly, when I buy the Pro license I will be able to save a Hypermodel from Archicad to be viewed on my Android device with both 3D AND 2D plans?

I just wont be able to share them with clients yet? Document sharing means that other android or Ipad users will in the future be able to access the project file?
That is my understanding, yes. I hope someone else can confirm it.
strawbale wrote:
Im happy anyway as I have managed to get the BIMX hypermodel Villa Balassa working on my PC desktop in full 3D/2D mode Much more fun than the simple Bimx desktop viewer.
I guess you connected your Android device to your pc screen, right? So you see on the pc's screen what you see on your Galaxy Note?
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
strawbale wrote:
Thanks laszlonagy,

That is my understanding, yes. I hope someone else can confirm it.
strawbale wrote:
Im happy anyway as I have managed to get the BIMX hypermodel Villa Balassa working on my PC desktop in full 3D/2D mode Much more fun than the simple Bimx desktop viewer.
I guess you connected your Android device to your pc screen, right? So you see on the pc's screen what you see on your Galaxy Note?
No, running it directly on Windows 7. No android device involved
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Are you using an Android emulator?
You said you are not doing it with the Desktop viewer.