Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BimX and GOTO MEETING

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I still can't get BimX and GotoMeeting to work with AC17... It will show the initial view, but no navigation live....

Anyone?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
14 REPLIES 14
Eduardo Rolon
Francois Swanepoel ,

I think the problem/request is BimX and Goto Meeting not AC.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Francois_MCD
Expert
Eduardo
When you use GoTo Meeting you can share any open software to the webinar viewers except BIMx because of how BIMx uses OpenGL as per initial Duane's question.
What I am saying is that you can achieve what Duane wants (do online presentation and walkthrough navigation of his model) by simply using the full screen mode from ArchiCad's interface in stead of BIMx.
I trust that this is more clear now.
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Marton wrote:
vfrontiers wrote:
Graphisoft please fix this! It will constitute about half of what I do with BimX...
Duane,

we will check what we can do. Most probably, as Karl said it won't be easy to make OpenGL work through such screen sharing, but we will check what options we have.

Marton
Duane,
I have tested this issue and got the following results:
- If you are presenting from Windows with Full Screen BIMx v17 the others can see a black screen only
- The same with BIMx v16 is working just fine
- If you are presenting from a MAC in Full Screen mode, that works with BIMx 17

So the problem only appears on Windows, but you are right, this was working before.
We will try to fix this issue in an AC 17 Hotfix.

In the meantime besides the nice workaround that Eduardo gave there is another option: By pressing F11 you can go to Window mode which can be set to full screen size (however the Task bar and the top bar of the window will be visible)

Regards,
Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
Karl Ottenstein
OT... Wow, I had not realized that BIMx for 17 is now a windowed app and not taking over the entire screen as earlier versions. Thanks for pointing that out, Csaba! 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Francois_MCD
Expert
Ja me too Karl, thanks Csaba I tested the F11 key and it works Gr8!
Now I can do ArchiCad demos and trainings and easily switch between ArchiCad and BIMx and any other app on my PC based laptop
Wonderful!

PS: Now we just wait for the Markup functionality to also become available via BIMx to make it a bidirectional communication tool.
Please add your Vote here? http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=43742
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course