BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Emission Property export to BIMx?

derekjackson
Enthusiast
Hi,
I was under the impression that the BIMx environment replicates the OpenGL view in the 3D Window?

I have some 'lights' in my scene - slabs with a white emissive surface applied so that they look like they're glowing. They export as grey to BIMx - is there no way to increase the brightness of a surface in BIMx?

Thanks,

Derek

(AC17)
3 REPLIES 3
derekjackson
Enthusiast
Anyone?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
BIMx is not the same OpenGL engine as in ArchiCAD in terms of how things look (brightness, colour etc), that I've noticed.

Try calculating Global Illumination to light up surfaces a bit.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
BIMx is not the same OpenGL engine
If it is not, it is very close in terms of textures and model in general. If setup properly, BIMx model looks virtually identical to OpenGL view in ArchiCAD.

Emissive surfaces and lights, though, are another story.

At present, BIMx does not support any light sources (short of sun and, then, only on desktops). Global illumination does create a shaded model with some representation of light (general, nondescript fill lighting with volume shadows) and makes any model noticeably better looking, but no light sources, emissive surfaces or any other type of lighting yet.