Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Performance Issues with BIMx (Build 2024, 5910)

Takis
Expert

I am currently experiencing significant performance issues with BIMx (build 2024, 5910) on my desktop PC. Below, I have included the technical specifications of the PC where I am encountering the problems, along with the specifications of my laptop, where BIMx runs perfectly without any issues.

DELL PC System (Experiencing performance issues):

• GPU: NVIDIA RTX A4000 16GB
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
  • RAM: 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
  • System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • OS Edition: Windows 11 Pro
  • OS Version: 23H2

ASUS Laptop (BIMx works perfectly):

• GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
  • RAM: 16.0 GB
  • OS Edition: Windows 10 Home
  • OS Version: 22H2

To resolve the issue, I have already taken several steps:

1. I thoroughly checked my hardware and replaced the NVIDIA A4000 with a brand new one.
  2. As an additional troubleshooting measure, I swapped the A4000 for an NVIDIA 4060Ti, but unfortunately, the issue still persists.
  3. I also disabled several non-essential Windows services to free up system resources, yet the performance issue remains unresolved.

One key observation is that on my PC, the GPU usage spikes to 100% in Task Manager when rotating the model, while on my laptop, the GPU usage reaches only around 43%.

Could you please advise on what might be causing this performance disparity and suggest any further steps I might take to resolve the issue?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Kind regards,

Takis Apostolides

16 REPLIES 16
Botonis
Advisor

Is there any chance for Windows Defender causing this?? Can you exclude BIMX from virus checking?

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Takis
Expert

Hi, yes I did, the issue remains.

I use ESET and the same antivirus settings in both computers.

Botonis
Advisor

I would use 

https://www.guru3d.com/story/download-display-driver-uninstaller-(ddu)-v18-6-5/

to reinstall the GPU driver because this seems not to be a hardware issue as you tested two GPUs.

Usually when swaping GPUs it might be better to clean isnstall the GPU driver.

Also try to disabel the GPU scheduling from windows just to check. 

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver, which I downloaded directly from the NVIDIA website.

However, when I disable the GPU and try to open a project in BIMx, the scene becomes completely static and doesn’t respond to any input.

I suspect the issue might be driver-related, but I’m puzzled as to why it only affects BIMx specifically. The same project exported to Twinmotion runs perfectly without any issues.

Botonis
Advisor

I agree  with you.

I would just try to make a clean reinstalation after using the GPU driver cleaner which removes all registry and driver folders. 

If you are sure what you are doing.

If this also fails I would use Revo uninstaller for BIMX. 

Botonis Botonakis

I carefully followed the uninstallation procedure using DDU in safe mode and then installed the latest driver from the NVIDIA website, but unfortunately, nothing has changed.

Norbert Kucsma
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear Takis Apostolides,

We are sorry to hear about the issue.

Please send us a feedback from BIMx, and we will look into your performance issue. Also, answer these questions in the feedback if possible:

Do you experience this with all your projects? Even with the built-in Demo model?

Did it work before? 

Can you recall anything that could trigger this error (new app/software or an update)? 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer

Dear Norbert, hello,

All of my projects, including the demo, are facing the same issue.

As far as I recall, everything worked perfectly before. The problem only surfaced after migrating to the Google platform.

I can't link this issue to any specific update or newly installed application/software.

Kind Regards,

Takis Apostolides

Hi Takis Apostolides,

Thank you for the information. 

Please send us a feedback with these details from the application. This will automatically create a ticket on our official support channel and we will start the investigation. Could you share more on the Google platform migration you mentioned?  

Thank you,

Norbi

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer