Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Oculus Quest 3 Support

ChrisZolezzi
Participant

With the release of the Oculus Quest 3 there is an amazingly missed opportunity if you do not create a way to access the ArchiCAD models in VR. The processing power and GPU capabilities of these next generation VR displays really require a whole new concept of how we all work on projects and evaluate our designs. There is going to be a point where the highest end devices will be VR headsets and the possibilities of manipulation of objects and designing of spaces within a virtual interface that also has a traditional parallel process for design is going to be a requirement. 

Right now I am already using Twinmotion to render VR presentations and walkthroughs for use in the Quest headset. I am also using the Questlink to run interactive presentations from directly within Twinmotion. So by not having a way to run either BIMx or ArchiCAD on these new platforms seems like a waste of a opportunity to be ahead of the curve since this is becoming a must have that clients are starting to expect. Not to mention the amount of BIM site coordination that VR capabilities and mixed reality provide. It is a shame that there is not a way for ArchiCAD to also have these capabilities. 

Windows 10 pro 64, HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2643 3.4 GHz (24core), 128GB Ram, 2TB primary, 3x 2TB secondary, Dual Bridged NVIDIA RTX A6000 GPU
Oculus Rift, Quest 2 and Quest 3 VR Headsets.
6 REPLIES 6
Andreas81ch
Expert

I have another question, its possible to do 3D visualisation with Meta Quest 3 with BimX Viewer?

When yes, how does it work?

ArchiCAD v6.5 - 27 / macOS / Windows
Switzerland (Schweiz)
OwenAsher
Newcomer

@ChrisZolezzi wrote:

With the release of the Oculus Quest 3 there is an amazingly missed opportunity if you do not create a way to access the ArchiCAD models in VR. The processing power and GPU capabilities of these next generation VR displays really require a whole new concept of how we all work on projects and evaluate our designs. There is going to be a point where the highest end devices will be VR headsets and the possibilities of manipulation of objects and designing of spaces within a virtual interface that also has a traditional parallel process for design is going to be a requirement. 

Right now I am already using Twinmotion to render VR presentations and walkthroughs for use in the Quest headset. I am also using the Questlink to run interactive presentations from directly within Twinmotion. So by not having a way to run either BIMx or ArchiCAD on these new platforms seems like a waste of a opportunity to be ahead of the curve since this is becoming a must have that clients are starting to expect. Not to mention the amount of BIM site coordination that VR capabilities and mixed reality provide. It is a shame that there is not a way for ArchiCAD to also have these capabilities. 

Is Graphisoft, the makers of ArchiCAD, aware of the growing demand for VR in architecture?

TylerJesus
Participant

@ChrisZolezzi wrote:

Wesley Financial Group

As a user of ArchiCAD, I'm currently utilizing Twinmotion for VR presentations on Oculus Quest headsets. However, I wonder if there are any plans to directly integrate ArchiCAD or BIMx with these platforms. Given the increasing demand for VR capabilities in design and site coordination, it seems like a missed opportunity not to extend ArchiCAD's compatibility to these powerful VR devices. Are there considerations or developments in this area?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

There is a "BIMx on VR headsets" item in the "Idea Pool" category of the Graphisoft Public Roadmap:

https://graphisoft.com/product-roadmap/bimx-on-vr-headsets

However, since it is an idea, it is hard to tell when it will be implemented.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
mbrf
Booster

That's really a shame that there is no further information about the implementation plans of the BIMx-platform to Meta Quest 3. 

It's currently in the "idea pool" - phase...

I hope that Graphisoft will not miss out on that!

RebeccaCalder
Participant

I would also be very interested in the possibility mentioned above. Hope it develops soon!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!