cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Zermatt [and in 2009: Virtual Building Explorer]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anybody heard some news about the zermatt engine? We know it sort of stopped beeing developed any further but any idea if there is still a future for this product?

Thanks Carsten
142 REPLIES 142
David Collins
Advocate
juditboros wrote:
Thanks for the wishes and the comments. We do our best to incorporate these in future versions of VBE.
Thanks for listening!
One more item for your list: The VBE translator ignores custom texture orientation (Vert Coor statements) in GDL objects. Texture orientations that have been changed in in the main Archicad UI via the "Align 3d Texture" commands do translate successfully.
See http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=27638 for screenshot.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Any news on MAC version?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Erika Epstein
Booster
vfrontiers wrote:
Any news on MAC version?
I was told ~May for a mac version. AC13 would have versions for all platforms in one.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Wokka
Contributor
Carstene wrote:
Karl wrote:
Carstene wrote:
From the silence here I take it none has a clue yet?
This is not a Graphisoft support channel. You need to contact your reseller and/or local technical support. This is a user-to-user forum, so people only provide solutions to problems that they have encountered. Once you resolve your issue with technical support, I hope you'll post the solution here to benefit others.

Cheers,
Karl
Karl

I did call Graphisoft Australia, but they could not help me, no solution. The only thing they suggested is that we have a look at the examples and info on the Website to decide if we like to by the product !!

Worst marketing ever, but expected no better after they way they have been marketing ArchiCAD the last , well almost 20 years.

Shame the product looks great and as we have used Zermatt for the last couple of years we know how cool this product is, but we still need to test it before we consider bying it.

It's odd the trial licencing system seems to work in other countrys?

Cheers Carsten
Carsten,
Did you have any more luck with installation of the AUS version? I'm about to give it a go but don't want to lose time trying to sort out these AUS issues with Graphisoft Australia.
Cheers
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wokka wrote:
Carstene wrote:
Karl wrote:
This is not a Graphisoft support channel. You need to contact your reseller and/or local technical support. This is a user-to-user forum, so people only provide solutions to problems that they have encountered. Once you resolve your issue with technical support, I hope you'll post the solution here to benefit others.

Cheers,
Karl
Karl

I did call Graphisoft Australia, but they could not help me, no solution. The only thing they suggested is that we have a look at the examples and info on the Website to decide if we like to by the product !!

Worst marketing ever, but expected no better after they way they have been marketing ArchiCAD the last , well almost 20 years.

Shame the product looks great and as we have used Zermatt for the last couple of years we know how cool this product is, but we still need to test it before we consider bying it.

It's odd the trial licencing system seems to work in other countrys?

Cheers Carsten
Carsten,
Did you have any more luck with installation of the AUS version? I'm about to give it a go but don't want to lose time trying to sort out these AUS issues with Graphisoft Australia.
Cheers
Wokka,

no not yet, I was to busy to try again. How about you give it a go anyway it may works on your computer but we did try on two computers at the office with no luck so I doubt it will work. Good luck

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
ajg wrote:
Hi all,

Our firm is debating between purchasing Zermatt or VBE... we are unable to make a decision and would love some help.

ZERMATT

*advantage of being able to import 3ds files (useful as we use Max to touch up models, occasionally)
*'looks' better - VBE still looks slightly like archicad in 3d, somewhat (ie: not as slick... more 'cartoony' - not as evocative)

GRAPHISOFT VBE

*direct export from archi - there are 'bounding' elements; can't walk through doors/walls, for eg. In Zermatt, clients may become disorientated by being able to fly through walls, etc.
*might last-longer than zermatt (zermatt's checkered history of completely stopping sales, for a while)
*hidden-line views
*buggy - certain library parts (ie: door handle) are stretched into the distance - hope this makes sense. I can include a screen, if it is important.

If anyone has tried both, I'd appreciate any input. I think we would go-for VBE if we could get it to look the same as Zermatt and if the library parts to behave as expected. Also, having the wall/floor/stair/window boundaries to work.

Thanks for any help. 🙂

Adam.
Adam,

I was wondering about the buggy door handles going into the distance. Have you modeled this in AC 12 or did you open an AC 11 file in AC 12 and exported to VBE ?

Thanks for any feedback
Wokka
Contributor
Carsten,
I did install and it worked fine (sorry):wink:
Of course I didn't read the fine print and found out too late that it only opens on the machine it was created on. Not good for showing a remote client what we can provide......before we fork out the money.
Cheers
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I have attached an AC 12 .gsm library file. It's just a stair done in AC 11, saved from AC 12 as .gsm. Just wondering if anybody could place this in a empty AC 12 file and get it into VBE and check if there are any problems, thanks.

Carsten
Wokka
Contributor
Carstene wrote:
Hi

I have attached an AC 12 .gsm library file. It's just a stair done in AC 11, saved from AC 12 as .gsm. Just wondering if anybody could place this in a empty AC 12 file and get it into VBE and check if there are any problems, thanks.

Carsten
Carsten,
Looks fine. No problems.
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable