Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Zermatt anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey there again,

Is there anyone who has experience wtht the Zermatt plugin for archicad? And if zo, what are your conclusions?

I'm trying to find some new ways for presenting models in real-time and de demo's looked quite ok...but. now i want to know if it is easy to create.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Zermatt is good when it works. The current build will stuff up any accessories - wall - slab - roof when it creates the zermatt model. (They dont seem to ever answer tech support emails). I have also seen models be completely exploded after creation

A pdf off their web site says it supports v11..... so thats good.

Once these issues are resolved, I would recommend it. I just wish it was a little more expensive. That way I would be the only one using it
Anonymous
Not applicable
...hmm well i obtained a trail version for archicad 10 and to be quite honest. I think this add-on really SUCKS!!!! The results with this is add-on is equivalent to the walk(game)-mode in archicad with openGL. Except for the gravity, wich is quite fun. But for the rendercapabilties, it's useless cause for the best results it should use Lightworks materials. For rendering with archicad(lightworks) i hardly use the Internal engine materials/OpenGL...so therefor i wouldn't buy this...
Anonymous
Not applicable
you have to do a radiosity calculation for good results. These can take a while but are worth it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
jmpasman wrote:
I'm trying to find some new ways for presenting models in real-time ....
If you want to use the VRML generated by ArchiCAD to create excellent interactive walk-throughs within minutes, you might be interested in Vitruvian-Studio which is an optimizer+editor+viewer. VRML is designed to be used on the Internet, intranets, and local client systems. VRML is also intended to be a universal interchange format for integrated 3D graphics and multimedia.

http://www.vitruvian-studio.com