BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

bim x for tablet

schagemann
Enthusiast
Presumably you have seen the following > https://graphisoft.com/sg/downloads/bimx/bimx_desktop?

Never used the Windows version, but the macOS version still feels like the original Zermatt / Virtual Building Explorer from way back - this has never been aligned with BIMx, presumably because on Windows you can just use ARCHICAD instead?
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
3 REPLIES 3
The new BIMx app for mobile platform has regressed in my opinion. The image in 3D is flat compared to the previous global a.i. pre-baked materials used. Also, they removed two key features: the ability to view in parallel view (axon, plan or elevation in 3D), as well as Stereo 3D (for use with red/blue glasses). I feel like the rug was pulled out from under me.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a web application, maybe that is an option for you. The BIMx Desktop Viewer hasn't the same functions as the tablet version.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/76004/
schagemann
Enthusiast
Given that we provided copious feedback and ideas in the original beta testing phase of BIMx quite some years ago now, we still do not see much of these ideas implemented... e.g. defect reports feeding back into your live ARCHICAD model.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!