BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

bimX Animation Path

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am in the process of having an initial play in V17 with the latest version of bimX & bimx Docs.

Last month I was at a seminar and we were shown a preview of bimX Docs, and on their version it had the option to play a preset path as an animation through the model.

In the release version I can not find a way to make this happen.

What process do I need to do to enable me to add a path to a model in bimX?

I am sorry if this has been mentioned before, I am new to ArchiTalk, and have had a look around but cannot find an answer.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Graphisoft - GREAT WORK on the advancement of all your current software - as a 20+ year arcchiCAD user, I am so very impressed!
2 REPLIES 2
Virtual wrote:
Hi,

I am in the process of having an initial play in V17 with the latest version of bimX & bimx Docs.

Last month I was at a seminar and we were shown a preview of bimX Docs, and on their version it had the option to play a preset path as an animation through the model.

In the release version I can not find a way to make this happen.

What process do I need to do to enable me to add a path to a model in bimX?

I am sorry if this has been mentioned before, I am new to ArchiTalk, and have had a look around but cannot find an answer.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Graphisoft - GREAT WORK on the advancement of all your current software - as a 20+ year arcchiCAD user, I am so very impressed!

I haven't had a chance to play with or use BIMx Docs (or Hypermodels), but if it's anything like the current verison of BIMx Viewer, what you would do for animations and viewpoints is to set your viewpoints and animation path using ArchiCAD's camera tools to set up various points along your animation path (and adjust accordingly) and name you path and then be sure to check "Export camera viewpoints and path" under the Options when you save as BIMx format in the 3D window.

In the viewer you should then find the views that you saved with ArchiCAD's camera points under the gallery option which you can add more views to or delete from, as well as even create animations by recording a path within the Viewer (F4 and F5 keys as you're in you navigation mode. F4 to capture static views and F5 (I believe) to record a path animation)

Again, I'm not sure how it works in the latest version since exporting to BIMx involves publishing as you would a Publishing set, but i'm fairly sure there should be an option for it to publish and include any saved camera points and animation paths under the Publishing properties for the Publishing set.
Or at least that's what would make sense to me.

But it seems like now with no Desktop version or viewer for BIMx Hypermodels, you can't further edit those viewpoints after you publish it from ArchiCAD.
Oh, and I should have mentioned that saving views using the Camera Tool (which is what you should be using and is what is exported) is different from saving a view in the 3D window through the Navigator (which are completely ignored when exporting to BIMx.

So you really should be using the Camera Tool to do this and if you already have views saved up through the Navigator just remember that you can just create new Camera viewpoints and go to your saved views and update the newly created Cameras (Right-click) with the location, view angle and Sun conditions of the saved view.

It's really handy.
Learn and get certified!