BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Bimx in AC 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all ..
I can't find Bimx(*.bim) in the save as dialogue panel ..but I found the Bimx for AC 17 in desktop and it work normally.

thank you
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
You can only save as BIMx from the 3D window. It is listed as a format there.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank .... I know that but don't find any thing in that list.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
that what I have when I use save as..........
Karl Ottenstein
Are you sure that you have a fully-licensed, release version of AC 17? Not a beta? (I see that it is definitely 17 since you have STL and Artlantis 5 export as options.)

Windows will look different of course, but you should see a list similar to the attached.

Your installation might be missing BIMx. Look in your Add-Ons folder and see if there is a BIMx subfolder to provide the export add-on and the BIMx app.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Francois_MCD
Expert
Good day Karl
Is there is a reason why my BIMx for ArchiCad 17 does not access my online account on bimx.graphisoft.com to upload my next project.

I have been trying to resolve this issue for a "SSA" Client with no success.
I tried the exersize working on my own account and it does not work at all both trying the share from the BIMx App on my Windows 7 PC not from the website Upload when logged in (see my screenshots). My attempts were all done with ArchiCad 17 and BIMx for ArchiCad 17.

My website upload screenshot shows that I am logged in but the errir message reports that I am not.
My BIMx Share fail report comes up despite that I am even logged in on the website in the background.

My "SSA" Client was working with ArchiCad 16 and BIMx for ArchiCad 16 and got the same basic problem.

Share signin failure from BIMx 17 desktop app
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Francois_MCD
Expert
This screenshot shows my attempt with the website upload
Failure to link with logged in account it seems.

BIMx 17 file Web Upload failure
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Francois_MCD
Expert
The next screenshot shows a dropdown option for ArchiCad 16 activation options for BIMx on the
following page https://bimx.graphisoft.com/ReportLicenseProblem/LicenseNumber

Option 1
“As an ArchiCAD 16 user you will need to copy your BIMx Registration Number from below, and paste
it into the License dialog of your desktop BIMx application when prompted.”

I have tried everything from ArchiCad 16 and BIMx for ArchiCad 16 but can not find the screen where
I can paste the serial number listed on my account as shown in the screenshot.

Option 2
“Do you have a Software Services Agreement (SSA)?
Then you are entitled to upgrade this registration into a Professional Account!
In order to do so, please plug your keyplug(s) into this machine than connect them with this Registration
by pressing the "Scan keyplugs" button.”

Not the website or ArchiCad or BIMx provides any "Scan keyplugs" button.” to complete this connection
as described.

BIMx 16 Web License
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Anonymous
Not applicable
nourqueen85 wrote:
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Ina Hristova" wrote:
"nourqueen85" wrote:

to nourqueen85

Try updating your program and the the plug in 😉
Learn and get certified!