BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Automatically updating pen sets

Anonymous
Not applicable
in 18 is there i way i can set pensets to automatically update when you open a file, like the libraries do?

so - if I change the ConDoc 1/4" pen set- it will change in all of the projects that are using that?
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Not that I know of.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok - i didn't really think so, just checking.

Thanks.
Eduardo Rolon
Though now you can use Attribute Manager to "Overwrite" the Pen set and avoid having to fix the "missing pen set" on all of the drawings.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah - i think thats what i'll do.
is there a way i can post a memo or something through the BIM manager that universally appears automatically when someone signs into a project that I could say to update the pen sets or anything like that?
Karl Ottenstein
Jesikuh123 wrote:
yeah - i think thats what i'll do.
is there a way i can post a memo or something through the BIM manager that universally appears automatically when someone signs into a project that I could say to update the pen sets or anything like that?
Attribute update is the only way. Since it only needs to be done once as part of migration, whoever migrates the project should just do it (BIM Manager)? Posting a message would take as long as just doing it (almost) ... and then confuse users who would have to read more messages to see if it was done by someone else or not.

If it is a new share of an old project, then update the pen set in attribute manager on the solo project as part of the entire migration before sharing.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!