Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cadimage Transformer Tool integrated into main program

Pato99
Enthusiast
I was frustrated to find out that something I've been asking GS/CI for 15 years, the ability to mirror plans easily is now available at a cost of $800aud per year.

I've been working for residential builders and it's always the same problem. We create templates of standard plans and every modification to the template we have to spend hours maintaining a flipped version of the template. We have atleast 100 templated plans and many with alternate facade changes, so that's +200 templates we must maintain because there's no simple option to mirror the dwelling without elevation and joinery problems.

For us that's a small price to pay to save hours of work, but we're already paying for the software initially / select agreement / Ci Coverings and now this. It's all owned by CI why not make it all free with Select (because money)? I was fine with paying for Cadimage when it was a seperate company and I'm still fine paying the bumped up pricing for plugins that are not required for the core functionality of the program. But to charge a fee to flip a project that's a bit rich.

Cant help but feel they're taking our wants and packaging it into extra content.

It can be done so, it's my wish to see it implemented in the core of the program.
Versions 10 to 27
Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G (Clevo),
GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM - G-Sync,
i7-6700K (8M Cache up to 4.2 GHz),
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
PatHarding88 wrote:
I was frustrated to find out that something I've been asking GS/CI for 15 years, the ability to mirror plans easily is now available at a cost of $800aud per year.

For us that's a small price to pay to save hours of work, but we're already paying for the software initially / select agreement / Ci Coverings and now this. It's all owned by CI why not make it all free with Select (because money)? I was fine with paying for Cadimage when it was a seperate company and I'm still fine paying the bumped up pricing for plugins that are not required for the core functionality of the program. But to charge a fee to flip a project that's a bit rich.

Firstly let me say I agree with you that tools such as these should become part of the main Archicad program.
Even if it is like the non-supported 'goodies' that have been there since day one but have never been amalgamated into the main program - but the add-ons are still updated for every version.

Central Innovation (formerly CADImage) did create this add-on.
They are resellers for Graphisoft or maybe they are partners (I don't know), but I don't think they are owned by Graphisoft.
However I still think a tool such as this should become part of the program for all users worldwide.

I would check with your Select Agreement with CI.
With Archicad 24 this transform add-on (as well as some others such as cabinets, electrical and doors and windows) are included as part of the select agreement - so there should be no additional cost.
I don't know that these become available for earlier versions, but they are definitely part of 24.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi - yeah, as Barry mentioned, if you're an Australian Select customer, then you have Transformer provided for you as well as Cabinets, Electrical, Doors+Windows, and Detail Elements.

Transformer in particular is only available for v24 though.

If you're having trouble getting it, or making it work, please just log a support ticket with us and we can help you get up and running.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
gpowless
Advocate
Hi Josh,

Can the transformer too be swapped out for one in the CI Tool packages? I current have 7 tools but some have become redundant.

Thanks,
Gregg
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full