BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG Scale Problem

James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I've been exporting to DWG so I can open up in Adobe Illustrator and so it fits inside Illustrator to a scale of 1:2000.

The model in ArchiCAD is 3000m wide and 3000m high - masterplanning work.

In the DWG Translator I'm setting the scale as 'Custom(mm): 50,000' which will give me the correct scale in Illustrator - or so I hoped.

In Illustrator the drawing should be 1500mm x 1500mm. However, the size is in fact 1524mm x 1524mm. Why is there a discrepancy?

I have also tried putting the view into Plotmaker at 1:200, in the translator I have to set the scale 'Custom(mm): 25' - why I don't know. But again, it gives me the same dimensions (1524x1524).

If I publish from PlotMaker at EPS, and open this in Illustrator it will give me the CORRECT size, 1500x1500. However, the layers don't come through.

Anybody care to shed any light on this issue? Oh, and I'm using ArchiCAD 8.1 - still trying to convince the company to upgrade to AC9.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!