Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Excluding Module Doors & Windows From Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to exclude module doors & windows from the interactive schedule?

I am documenting two houses that are next to each other, so I bring the adjoining house into each project as a module, so when I generate the 3D window I can see both houses. The problem is that the door and window IDs of the hotlinked module appear in the interactive schedule. I need to be able to exclude these for the door & window schedule and use only the active projects elements.
15 REPLIES 15
Erika Epstein
Booster
You'll need to put in a filter so it will exclude/include only the IDs from the house you want.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
You'll need to put in a filter so it will exclude/include only the IDs from the house you want.

The problem is both project files are going to have a D01, D02, D... and W01, W02, W.... I need to exclude the ones from the module.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I gather you are scheduling the IDs. The only trick I can think of that would do this automatically requires some GDL tweaking of the door and window tags. This would be to add a character to the beginning or end to ID the building and then strip it out in the marker ID and schedule that.

The manual solution is to unload the module when you create (or update) the schedule and reload it when you are done.

Another possibility, depending on the views you need, would be to put both buildings into a separate file as modules and generate the views from there. For elevations, you could join up separate views from each building on the layouts. This would have the added benefit that you can use different pen settings for the primary and adjoining houses.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I gather you are scheduling the IDs.
That's right.

I think I might have to save the adjoining house as an object and place that rather than spending time on GDL or unloading and loading modules. Placing both houses on a separate file to generate views wouldn't be too bad either.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just did the same thing with an as-built that is a module on a lower story.

I just went into the module file, selected all of the windows and changed their ID to "EX," then did the same with all of the doors.

Creating an exclusion in the schedules for "ID is not" EX left all of the doors and windows of the module out of the schedule.
Anonymous
Not applicable
siteline wrote:
I just went into the module file, selected all of the windows and changed their ID to "EX," then did the same with all of the doors.

Creating an exclusion in the schedules for "ID is not" EX left all of the doors and windows of the module out of the schedule.
I need the module brought into each corresponding project to maintain its door & window ID numbers as both projects will have a door & window schedule.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I misunderstood.

If the levels of the houses are different you could use the "Elevation to Project Zero" to include/exclude what you wanted. Likewise if you had different stories (which it doesn't sound like). Although if your module was on a story of it's own (which would overlap your other stories so it would still look right in 3d) excluding that story would work.

You might also try using the "Layer" criteria. Since your module has a master layer, if that master layer is excluded, maybe your windows won't show up. That would work in both plans if they are modules in each other. I'll have to try this one. I'm not sure it would work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just tried the module layer suggestion and it didn't work. Excluding the items by Story does work, but again, that's only if your module is on a different story.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
siteline wrote:
I just tried the module layer suggestion and it didn't work. Excluding the items by Story does work, but again, that's only if your module is on a different story.
If that's the case, then it's a pretty easy workaround. Just create another story with zero height at the same elevation as the other story.

Cheers,
Link.