Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

“Expression cannot be evaluated for this Element”.

Anonymous
Not applicable
We recently jumped from Ver 20 to Ver 23 (International)
So testing Classifications and Properties feature.
Kindly see attached image.
All Morph elements have separate Classification.
However the evaluation of “Balance Area of Plot” fails stating “Expression cannot be evaluated for this Element”.
I did not find any post on this error, so bothering you. Please reply early.
11 REPLIES 11
poco2013
Mentor
The Classification(s) of all expressions must include the classification used for the morphs which use those expressions including any expressions embedded in other expressions
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Gery!
Thanks very much for your reply.
We tried your solution. Sadly it does not work.
Same message " “Expression cannot be evaluated for this Element”.
Attaching 2 files for your kind view. The Properties03.jpg shows Schedule view that shows Classifications assigned to various Morphs.
Many thanks in advance.
Expecting a solution. This is very essential to us.
Anu
Barry Kelly
Can you show the properties of your morph - in particular morph-008?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Barry!
Thanks for the query.
Kindly see attached image. I hope this is what you need.
Anu
Barry Kelly
OK, a couple of problems.

Also you morph seems to be missing the properties that need to be used to calculate the balance of area.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
poco2013
Mentor
FYI:

A couple of points:

Properties and expressions in expressions do not use titles, they use the underlining GUID of that property/expression. That way you could have two properties of the same name but in different groups and this does occur in Archicad. Your expression name is OK but confusing. I agree it should be changed.

Your classification of 'net area of plot' appears to be a custom one that you made up. That's OK but each expression and each property used must include that classification.

Your screen shot of the morph does not show all of the properties used as shown in the Property Manager which indicates that you are not using the correct classifications for the sub properties. As mentioned above All properties and expressions must include the one used for the element in question.

To determine where the error is we would need screens shots of each property or expression you created for this formula(s) showing both the definition and the classification panes. Most likely the error lies there unless you are using a property in your sub expressions which is not applicable to morphs?
Gerry

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are 3 morphs. Each has a different classification.
poco2013
Mentor
Your attachment is unreadable ---- BUT,if each morph has a different classification, all of the expression used by them and any contained within those expressions must include each of the classifications of the morphs.

Within the Classifications pane of each morph should show the expressions available for that element.
Gerry

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sorry! I had realised that. Attaching separate views. Kindly go through.
Probably I had done what you are suggesting.
Element IDs have been changed for better.