BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to open multiple ACAD paperspaces WITH viewport contents

DennisG
Participant
Greetings;

I have received a large DWG file from my consultant, which apparently contains multiple paper space "pages" which open, via Viewports, to the common Model Space. I am attempting to import this file into PM in such a way that the Paper Space pages are converted to individual Layout sheets, each retaining its unique viewports including viewport content.

So far I have succeeded in converting the paperspace pages into layouts, but with no viewports; and importing the entire model space onto one layout page.

Is there a way to replicate the ACAD paperspace sheets, WITH VIEWPORT CONTENT, in PM? I'm not having much luck.

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ArchiCAD-64 23 3003 USA FULL
x64 Clone PC w/Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
What are your Translator settings?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
DennisG
Participant
Djordje wrote:
What are your Translator settings?
Thanks for your reply, sorry I haven't responded sooner.

Thanks to pointer from Rex, I turned on all layers, and there was my work!

Problem solved.

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ArchiCAD-64 23 3003 USA FULL
x64 Clone PC w/Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
Anonymous
Not applicable
I get multiple pages in the layout book that appear to be viewports to the common model space, but the drawings on the layouts are not linked to anything... the drawings are not blank, they show what they are supposed show, but cannot be updated.. I'm using the special built-in translator.... I've duplicated that and changed some things but the links are still broken... Obviously, I can relink them but that doesn't work that well.... I might as well start over....
Learn and get certified!