BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Interactive Schedule Units

toman311
Enthusiast
I am trying to get my interactive schedule to display in feet and fractional inches, not decimal inches. Is there any way of doing this?

My head head is showing as 94.00". I would rather it show up as 7'-10".
Also, the jamb thickness is showing up as 6.56". I would rather it show up as 6 9/16".

I checked Project Preferences, Dimensions. I also checked Project Preferences, Calculation Units & Rules.

Maybe I am looking over it, but is there anywhere else I can look?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
15 REPLIES 15
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
toman311:

They should be set by Project Preferences > Dimensions, they are also part of the View settings (View Settings > 2D/3D Documents > Dimensioning). Try associating the desire Dimension Standard with the Schedule View, then open that View by double-clicking the View in the Navigator to set the proper preference. This is for the Window and Door Tools, the Curtain Wall Tool uses the Calculation Units & Rules.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
toman311
Enthusiast
One thing I forgot to mention is that the Interactive Window Schedule I am trying to make has the width and height in fraction feet. Only the jamb width and head height on the same schedule are showing in decimal inches. I want the jamb width to be fractional inches and the head height fractional feet. I don't see how these could be different. Maybe there is a button that I don't know about when picking what parameters will be included in the window schedule?

The dimension standard is on the correct standard too.

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
toman311 wrote:
I don't see how these could be different.
I agree. If you post some screen shots, maybe someone will have a better idea of the issue.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
toman311
Enthusiast
Here is a screenshot of the issue.
Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 3.06.21 PM.png

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
toman311:

I cannot reproduce your result. You could Export... the Scheme setting, zip it, and post it here as an attachment to a post for others to look at. Also: are you using the standard ArchiCAD 18 Library?

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
toman311
Enthusiast
Hey David,
Yes, I am using the ArchiCAD 18 Library. The "ArchiCAD Library 18" is located... I'll just post a screen shot of where I get my building components..... Apparently I can't add two attachments to one post, so I'll make another post with the screenshot.
Attached is the Window Schedule Scheme Settings.

I guess I should mention that I have never used an Interactive Schedule before with 3D components. I wasn't going around clicking buttons, but maybe the problem is something simple. I'm not sure though.

toman311
Enthusiast
oops... a redundant post

toman311
Enthusiast
Here's the path to ArchiCAD Library 18 where I get all of my building components.
Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 12.36.12 PM.png

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
toman311:

It looks like you are using the INT, not the USA Library (which version of ArchiCAD do you have? INT, USA or other? Your location says USA), but the library is not the issue here.

The two units you have having an issue with are reading the Calculation Units & Rules settings (which don't have fractional inch options) rather than the Dimension settings. If you load the parameters shown in my screen shot (Frame Thickness for Thickness, and W/D Nominal Head Height for Sill/Header Value) at Scheme Settings > Fields, the correct unit will show. I did not get into this enough to figure out why some units are read from Dimensions and others from Calculation Units & Rules, maybe someone else can chime in.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Learn and get certified!