BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Interactive schedule losing data

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have had this occur a few times. We have created a schedule for our room finishes and we will edit the schedule and it all looks good and will print it. When we go to edit the schedule the next day the information is gone. We then have to re-enter the information (good thing we have the print out). This only occurs on our finish schedule (which refers to the MultiLeader Label tool). It does not occur to our door schedule or room schedule.

Please help!
11 REPLIES 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
How exactly do you edit the schedule?
Can you post a screenshot that shows which fields you edit? Is this a field that is automatically extracted from the model or a field you provide the value for in the first place?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the schedule to read the "Custom Text" fields. We edit the schedule by opening up the schedule either from the navigator or from the Document pull-down.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have experienced this intermittently. In my case the cells were IFC parameters that contained custom text. I cannot reproduce it reliably. Developers were unable to reproduce or find out what caused the issue.

They did say that in hotfix 6000 they have added a lot more logging - so your best bet is probably to create a support package (found at the bottom of the help menu) and contact your local reseller to log a support ticket.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So you are saying that you enter these data for these custom parameters in the Schedule cells, then close the Schedule and later when you reopen/regenerate it, the data you filled in is gone? Is all the data gone or only certain values? Are they gone from all GDL Objects or only from certain GDL Objects?

Could you post two screenshot? One which shows the filled out Schedule cells, then another that shows which data is gone?
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is correct. We were fortunate to have a PDF of the information. The schedule is reading the "Multileader Label 18" tool. It seems to only have this glitch when working on a TeamWork project. I don't have an instance at the moment to give you a screen shot.3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think the basic problem is that the "Mutileader Label 18" object does not have custom parameters to begin with.
Can you select the "Mutileader Label 18" object, go to its settings Dialog and set the values of those parameters there? I can't because it doesn't have such parameters.

When you define what field to list in the schedule, that "General" group lists parameters GDL Objects usually have. But not all of them have all. In this case, "Mutileader Label 18" object does not have custom parameters.
I think this is why their value gets lost because they don't have the parameters to store the values in.
I hope this makes sense.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That does make sense except for one thing. We seem to only get the info dropping when we are in a teamshare file. The solo file does not drop the info. We used this same process in 17 and didn't have problems there in a teamshare file.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Curious problem.
It seems that I need to modify my previous statement, because I tried this and the values are indeed preserved in the Schedule with a Solo project.
I have not tried it in TW mode though.
I will report this to Graphisoft for investigation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We had it happen again today. Here's the "blank" schedule. We ended up saving the file down to a solo and then re-sharing the file.
Learn and get certified!