BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Issue Management > Export XLS

DGSketcher
Legend

I am looking to issue a list of the project Issues to other non-AC / CAD parties. I can see how to export XLS file lists, but the content for me is incomplete. I would like to see the XLS file list not only the Name of the issue, but the Description as well for the list to make sense to those reading it e.g. Name = "IS001: Change door position" is a lot less helpful than Description = "Change door position in room F101 to avoid clash with drop beam and reverse opening direction" which gives the action, where and why.

Am I missing a setting somewhere that controls the XLS content ?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend

Out of curiosity, can someone with a bit more experience of Issue Manager advise how they communicate / collaborate with clients without CAD or Markup software? I was hoping the implied PDF export might have been a page report with Image View and Issue Manager data fields that could have been considered in context with BIMx rather than a relatively complex workflow involving setting up Views in Publisher.

I would say my current tendency to screenshot and email with comments sort of works, but in terms of reporting it doesn't look that professional and the focus of the issue can be lost in email off topic comments.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Travis Petersen
Participant

Hi There, have you found a solution to this?

I have previously used the change manager with revision clouds over the drawing and a separate revision list, but the revisions get locked to the sheet once its placed in a transmittal, so it can't be captured as completed etc.

Regards,

Travis

DGSketcher
Legend

Simply put - No.

The project where I really needed it is now nearing completion so pressure has moved to other areas. Screen shots are still my fall back position, but I haven't had time to look at the AC27 Issue / BIMx updates to see if that helps.

One option that has been opened but not resolved was my main client needs to review DWGs, so I suggested getting Bluebeam which could address both the DWG & Issue problems. As with many things if they aren't simple or you aren't repeating the process regularly setting up a "complex" process gets put to one side.

Learn and get certified!