BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Locking project file

ratnabhirud
Contributor
Hello,

If I created one company standard project file having customized attributes, libraries, pdf documents to be linked and some other settings done in Navigator ( Vew map / Layout book / Publisher ),

Is there any way to lock all these settings or the whole project so that one can work on the project but can't copy and carry with him on any external device ?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Ram - 16.0 GB
System - Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit

NVEDIA GForce 8400GS

Archicad 9..., 24
2 REPLIES 2
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
You can lock the properties by creating a .TPL file and setting the file attributes to 'read only'.

However, this won't prevent someone from being able to save a copy and take it with them. I'm not sure there is a way to do that if they are allowed to work in a file, unless they use the trial version that doesn't allow saving - but this probably doesn't help you since they cannot save their work. As far as I am aware, even teamwork project roles can't be setup to prevent someone from saving a copy of the project as another file that can then be taken.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
ratnabhirud
Contributor
You are right MMontgomery,

Even I thought after posting this issue. It is impossible to lock any certain project.

In .tpl file, if we open as a new empty project & give " save as " command , one file is created to required destination having all attributes.

I am using Tekla Structures - Server base software, In this one can use attributes but can't change in any field unless and until he has login access to certain extent, All data is accessed from server & server is locked.

In Archicad also, Teamwork is there, but ones we allow someone to do the project , he may copy attributes,

Wish Archicad has some solution on this...

It is very painful, if we spend our precious time and brain to set some office standard and other can easily use it.

Thanks & Regards,

Ratna
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Ram - 16.0 GB
System - Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit

NVEDIA GForce 8400GS

Archicad 9..., 24
Learn and get certified!