BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Project Info to excel

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry for the newbie question, i will like to have all the project information link it to an excel sheet so the project documents and the model share the same information, is it possible to export the project information to an excel sheet, or import excel to the model, or maybe other format that can be easily link between documents outside ArchiCAD modifying the .xml file with excel crashes ArchiCAD
I hope it makes sense
Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
I confirmed the crash... this should be reported as a bug, as a message "Invalid XML File" should be displayed, rather than a crash and loss of work.

You cannot edit the XML file in Excel, however, as Excel will not save the same format of XML file as used by ArchiCAD. (XML is more of a syntax than a format...so one cannot expect one XML application to read a file written by another.)

You can edit the XML file in a word processor or a dedicated XML editor, however. As long as you maintain the Graphisoft syntax found in the saved file, the modified file should load without problem.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the info Karl, now i'm getting somewhere, i save file to a xml and edit in notpad, import back to AC, easy!!! now, to deal with excel
Thank you
TomWaltz
Participant
If you go the XML editor route, I recommend oXygen for that. It's a decent program that color-codes the XML so you can see what you're doing.
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!