BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Sharing files with Microstation v8 and later

Jacek
Contributor
Hello,
I have a model of a building in AC 11 that I export- save as .dgn to Microstation. When it's imported the scale is 'Way Off' - as my consultant tells me. I tried to reset the scale in the "Options' dialog box to one compatible with ArchiCAD but there are some options that I don't understand - in the DGN Savee box that are not explained in the Help files:
Master Units
Sub units
Pos Units (?)
Etc..
the whole thing comes across like a major pain.
Anyone has experience with Microstation?
Help Please!
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
10 REPLIES 10
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
Thanks guys, thats the conclusion I had reached as well. There appear to be several incompatibilities between the programs. I plan on creating a template in AC to match the limitations of Microstation and hopefully will limit some of the issues.

Our client requires the DGN for project delivery, we will probably go ahead and buy a seat of Microstation just to make sure what we deliver is accurate.

Maybe if someone was moving away from the Microstation platform to Revit and had a used copy for sale...?

~ Mike
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Learn and get certified!