Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Specifications. How to add images into archicad schedule?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone!
I would like to set up all interior schedules in Archicad (furniture, sanitary, finishes, appliances, etc.). I'm trying to automate everything in Archicad as much as possible.
I have already set up a sanitary schedule and now i want to do furniture schedule, but i don't see any option to add an image of a furniture into the schedule. Is that possible to do in Archicad?

And could you please share your experience in creating specifications for interiors. What software do you use.. maybe it may not make sense to create specifications in Archicad, or just use Excel or Google Sheets for it..Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
jl_lt
Ace
hi!, is this what you need?:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! Thanks for your answer!
this is not exactly what i was looking for, but i'm interested in how he added images into the schedule? (12:30 in the video)
Karl Ottenstein
elina wrote:
I would like to set up all interior schedules in Archicad (furniture, sanitary, finishes, appliances, etc.). I'm trying to automate everything in Archicad as much as possible.
I have already set up a sanitary schedule and now i want to do furniture schedule, but i don't see any option to add an image of a furniture into the schedule. Is that possible to do in Archicad?
The only element-connected image I know how to place in a schedule (and I hope I'm wrong) is the GDL Preview Image, which is a fixed image stored as part of each library part. It does not reflect how the object has been parametrically modified. Line drawings without materials are possible of course and do show the modified object. I know of no way to include a render in the schedule - or any generic image file - that will be logically attached to the cell to move dynamically, and to dynamically reflect the changing appearance of the placed object.

As you can see in the attached, the GDL Preview image is static and does not reflect any parameter changes. Notice the sofa where I modified it to be longer and have 3 cushions and different legs... the preview image is still 2 cushions.

Using the Image or Drawing tool to place an image in a blank cell in a schedule is asking for trouble, as when the schedule re-formats due to new/deleted elements - the images will not move with the proper elements and your documentation will be incorrect.

(I'm guessing that the video below scheduled special objects that included the image as the preview.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Johnsly
Contributor

Hello all, I am looking to do the same thing as in the original post, the GDL image preview is just not an option for me, because you have to create a new library part each time you insert a custom image in the preview.

The video shows images inserted into a, very clean looking, schedule is possible. But it does not show what "(Add) Field" or "(Add) Criteria" allows this to be done?