BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Template - multiple facades

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I work for a builder who has for instance a house type which has 15 available facades - would I be able to get some advice on the best method for drawing and attaching these facades and publishing each set individually? Not only the facade model is required but all relevant info to complete a full set of working drawings ie notes, dimensions etc

Any advice would be appreciated and happy to enlighten on the current method
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Have a look at renovation filters.
You can set up your own filter for each design alternative.
I haven't done it with 15 alternatives but it does work fine for 3 or 4.

See ... https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62553&p=287052&hilit=renovation#p287052

Your publisher sets are saved with the renovation filter settings so you just need to make up multiple publisher sets for each option as well.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Stoll wrote:
Hi All,
I work for a builder who has for instance a house type which has 15 available facades - would I be able to get some advice on the best method for drawing and attaching these facades and publishing each set individually? Not only the facade model is required but all relevant info to complete a full set of working drawings ie notes, dimensions etc

Any advice would be appreciated and happy to enlighten on the current method
From your description I would have one master file for the house type, then use modules for the facades. They can then be hot linked in and controlled by Master Layers for each, but not have to. import a slew of internal layers. You can then set up plan or elevation views each calling on a layer set that shows each facade.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep I agree with Rex.
We have had a lot of success with modelling plans on positive storeys and facades on negative storeys also. This reduces the time taken opening and closing files to make changes.
Learn and get certified!