Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

3ds In add-on no longer works....HELP!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded the 3ds-In add-on from the goodies site, and it worked fine for a long time, now all of the sudden it wont work...as soon as it asks where to put the gsm object, archicad quits...
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this problem after installing the 1176 patch. a repair from the install disk and reinstall of the patch worked.
Anonymous
Not applicable
not sure i understand how to do this...could you explain in more detail? thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
you haven't indicated what version you are on. you can check by clicking the "about ArchiCAD"from the help menu. if you haven't installed the1176 patch yet i would do that first. See the "check for updates" in AC help.
Then, I would first save your work environment profiles if you have made any changes. To repair, close all other programs and load the original install disk. It should prompt you with a choice to repair an existing installation. After that is complete I would run latest patch again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i am on ac10 student version for intel macs...also, there was no install cd, simply a download...
Djordje
Virtuoso
aggie463 wrote:
i am on ac10 student version for intel macs...also, there was no install cd, simply a download...
If you installed a patch or an update, you have to re-install all the Goodies.

Go to Help, check your version - Archicad will tell you whether yo need yto download an update. Dowload all the Goodies too, reinstall them, and all should be well.

For the Sketchup plugin, check the Sketchup web site.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
how do i remove the add-on so that it knows its no longer there?...ive tried unchecking load, then clicking remove add on....and then erasing the add on folder, redownloading it, then putting it back in, but ac10 acts as if it was never gone, and now no matter what it doesnt load it but says its loaded...
Djordje
Virtuoso
aggie463 wrote:
how do i remove the add-on so that it knows its no longer there?...ive tried unchecking load, then clicking remove add on....and then erasing the add on folder, redownloading it, then putting it back in, but ac10 acts as if it was never gone, and now no matter what it doesnt load it but says its loaded...
Whatever is in the AddOns folder automatically loads. So does anything that is in any of the loaded libraries folder.

If you want to unload an AddOn, either do it by AddOn Manager, or close Archicad, go to the fodlers, and just move the stuff elsewhere, until you need it again.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well...after all that the same thing happens...when it asks me to map the texture file for the different materials on the 3ds model, ac10 quits and the bug reporter pops up...
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
You should check that your ArchiCAD and your goodie add-ons are the same build. When we release a Hotfix for ArchiCAD, we also update the Goodies web page. So before you download a goodie, you should always make sure that your ArchiCAD is up to date (Check for updates... in help menu). Once you have an ArchiCAD with the matching goodies installed, you don't have to worry about further ArchiCAD updates, because the Hotfix installer will also update the goodies that you have. You can only go off-sync if your ArchiCAD was outdated when you have downloaded the goodie.

Here is how you check if your ArchiCAD and goodies match:
- In ArchiCAD, go to help menu and click "About ArchiCAD" read the build number. It should be 1176. If it isn't, install the latest Hotfix.
- In file explorer go to folder C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10 INT\Add-Ons\3DStudio In (or wherever you have placed the goodie) Right-click the 3DStudio In.apx file, select properties and on the Version tab page check File version. It should be something like 10.0.0 R1 INT (1081/1176). If it isn't for any reason, you should download the goodie again from the goodies page.

If your add-on is up to date and the problem still occurs, then send a little example file to your local reseller (who granted you the student license.) Tell them that Graphisoft asked for it.

Thanks,
Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft