cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCad 3ds export problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
When i export a project to 3ds, and then try to import them into 3DS Max, nothing but a camera and a lighting source gets imported, am I doing something wrong ?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently. If you describe your process perhaps we can help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well there is nothing special in the process, i view the object in 3D, go file>save as and choose 3DStudio file from the filetype dropdown menu. And then simply click import in 3DS Max.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Strange. Seems like it should work. What are you exporting? Is it a large model? Does it contain any unusual parts that might interfere with the process? Have you tried saving something like a simple slab as a test?
Anonymous
Not applicable
lnenad wrote:
Well there is nothing special in the process, i view the object in 3D, go file>save as and choose 3DStudio file from the filetype dropdown menu. And then simply click import in 3DS Max.
if you use the default settings maybe the scale is wrong or you have an unusual large/complicated library part which can cause this problem.

try as Matthew mentioned just to export a wall or slab. If this works try again the whole model but use anyway these recommended settings:

materials
1000.00 mm
object = group name (7 characters)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working for many years with AC and 3DSMax, and I was exporting a while as .3ds format from AC too, but my latest experience shows that this format wasn't developed at all in the last few years and also has some ugly errors while importing in 3ds Max, especially when importing curved objects.
Because of this I use the Wavefron Object (.obj) to export my 3d model with the default settings and import it in 3dsMax with the attached one's.

Regards Ede
obj import-export options .jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Archicad 3ds export was always never finished.
Scale and unit selection have no effect on the model whatsoever.
And texture mapping is quite often incorrectly scaled.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dudes, you can try it: http://plugins.angstraum.at/archicad_wiz/index.htm
I hope, it must help you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for my late response, yes i've tried exp/imp a simple wall and that still didn't work, don't have a clue what's wrong. But i've also tried .obj export and that works perfectly so i'm giving up on .3ds, thank you Ede