Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad 17 effect on DOPus software

Anonymous
Not applicable
For many years I have used Directory Opus (http://www.gpsoft.com.au/) as my preferred file manager software. I am hoping someone in this forum might use it too.

After installing Archicad 17 I found that the performance of DOpus was very poor. Opening the program normally displays a folder tree in a flash, now it takes 5-10 seconds.

I installed Archicad 17 as a test on my laptop, and had the same problem. I then unistalled Archicad 17 and DOpus on the laptop performed as usual.

I should point out that the problem with DOpus occurs even when Archicad 17 is not running. I suspect something else that is installed (Java or Wibu) is doing something to interfere with folder reading of DOpus. I will notify GP Software of this issue as well, but would like to know if anyone has had a similar experience, and if anyone can suggest what is is that is causing this?

Note that A17 install has no effect on speed of Windows Explorer - it seems to be restricted to DOpus. Any suggestions would be welcome.

EDIT: Problem solved by the Directory Opus support! I have to use a utility (ShellExView) to disable Graphisoft Shell Extensions. After doing this the DOpus software works fine. I shall report this to Graphisoft.
2 REPLIES 2
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Graeme,

thanks for calling attention on this. I did a couple of quick tests, but so far I wasn't able to replicate the slowness with Directory Opus.

Our test process involves only the built in file managers on Windows and OS X and so far we haven't experienced any speed issues with our Shell Extension.

For now I can just agree with their support that disabling our Shell Extension is the quickest way to address the speed issue. I posted a report for our engineering to check this.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Martin,

I did try this on three different Windows 7 computers with the same result. But for now disabling the shell extensions works fine, with no apparrent side effects.

Cheers,