cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Area Calculation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys and girls,

I've upgraded from V7 to V11 (quite a jump I know). When I used V7 I was working for someone so many things where set up already. Example ... area calculation and summary tables (used a library part called fill guru). Now I've setup my own pratice and purchased AC11, is there a way of creating an area summary without the need for a library part ?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fill guru. It's been a while since I've heard that name!
I'm not working in 11 as yet but in 10 the easiest way I've found is to create an Element Schedule that calls you're fills by layer or by fill type (if you want to keep using fills that is) and place it as you would have placed fill guru except instead of in the View Map place it on you're floor plan in the layout book.
Wouldn't a zone list (or schedule) be more useful (and easier)?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I absolutely agree and that is what we use here. (Zones)
It's just knowing how Fill Guru worked and how it was used it is possible to achieve the same results with fills. (just a less intuitive)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your input, I'd rather do things the more efficient way. So if zones are better can you guys give me a step by step for creating an area report that is visible on the printed floor plan by using zones ?

Admitly I have never used zones before.
moloneyds wrote:
So if zones are better can you guys give me a step by step for creating an area report that is visible on the printed floor plan by using zones ?
Step 1: Go to Help menu and read about Creating Zones.
Step 2: Go to Help menu and read about Interactive Schedules.
Step 3: Use your new-found knowledge and try it out.
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
Silly me Richard, I thought forums are for helping people, not for being as intelligent and helpful as Microsoft tech support

Appropriate name your parents gave you !
Dwight
Newcomer
So many times posters request answers requiring long individual essays that are covered by the reference material so please try not to have your feelings hurt too badly when someone says "RTFM."
Dwight Atkinson
moloneyds wrote:
I thought forums are for helping people
Yes, they are for helping people, but not for doing the work for them. You are asking people to donate their time to train you to use the program properly, not help you out with an issue. This is not a reasonable request.

Thank you, Dwight, RTFM would have been a shorter, but perhaps more accurate reply.
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Dwight ... I see both your points, and accept that answering long answers is difficult with time constraints ... Perhaps Dick could have made that the first time instead of being so condesending.