Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Area Fields in both Metric and Imperial in a Scheme?

John Dunham
Participant
Is there a way to get area and dimension fields in Schemes to return both Imperial and Metric values in the same Scheme? I've resorted to entering one of the values by hand but this doesn't seem very efficient, and I can't figure out how to get the Scheme to return both types of values...
John

OS X 10.15.7
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
I don't think so because the calculation units are controlled by settings in the project preferences.
And you can only set on unit type there.
If we had formulas (formulae?) in schedules then you could create a conversion field.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
poco2013
Mentor
HMMMM -- IN practice No BUT

Schedules, as stated by Barry, have no capability to do calculations other than sum or a quantity. Dimensions and areas are reported as selected in the 'Work Environment' - one or the other. Dims for GDL objects are done within the GDL object itself.

However, The twenty sum old List Scheme Schedules do have this capability. The problem there is that the object fields available to them is quite limited. Generally they do have surface area and height/length, etc. If these are acceptable than your in luck else no go there either.

In lists you can make a separate field for each type/style of dim or put all in the same field with a conversion factor.

A alternative is to use property objects - but you have to use list to report that also -- not as convenient as just using cals.

There is a crude video on Youtube which demos using cals in list schemes if your interested -- but somewhat tedious and several drawbacks -- depends on how desperate you are?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27