cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cabinet Schedules

Erich
Contributor
In our practice, prior to AC, we had a cabinet schedule that was done in excel and typically gave information about cabinet style, door and drawer style, finishes, etc. for each room where cabinets occured. As I make the initial transfer to AC I am trying to get the program to product this so we can eliminate external schedules and just deal with them internally (even if we then export to excel).

However, I find cabinets difficult to get to schedule due to all the various parts and pieces. To get around this I have added parameters to our zone object and am scheduling that instead of the cabinets themselves.

Does anyone have a better way of doing this or is this work around the best for now? At least until I write my own cabinets.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
14 REPLIES 14
Erich
Contributor
Abee4u,

It sounds as though you are using the sink as the operator for the SEO. Use a solid element, such as a slab equal to the plan dimensions of the sink, as the operator and then place it on a layer that you can turn off once the operation is complete. This will remove all the counter where the sink is including the material in the bowl.

Note, that you cannot delete the operator element. It must remain part of the model or the hole you make will be deleted.

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich,

Thanks for your advice, it worked well. I am now truly in love with Archicad
Dwight
Newcomer
Abee4u wrote:
I am now truly in love with Archicad
Let us know when the Honeymoon ends.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. Now that i figured out how to work with (SEO) and Profile Manager I still have one more question to end this topic for me.

"Is there a way on setting a cover Fill to my Custom Profile in its settings without having to actually add a fill on top of my customized profile?

Example: I created a custom countertop and I want to add the the Granite fill material to it.

Thanks in advance
Anonymous
Not applicable
Duane:
I took the liberty of downloading your CabinetOne.
I assumed that was ok since it was openly posted.
If that's not ok, let me know.
What little I've played with it so far, I really think it
fits the bill, since cabinet/sales shops really have the fancy
detailed stuff dialed in now anyway.
Thank you.
Costs for upgrades?