Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Calculate in schedule

G D Tune
Participant
Is there a numeric field that can be used in a schedule for calculation other than the 'cost' field?

I would like to use it in a plumbing scenario - example below;

W.C. has 4 fixture units and the project has 2xW.C's in it. Therefore the schedule would show - W.C. quantity = 2 Units = 8

thanks
Regards
Geoff
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
If the '4 fixture units' is a parameter in the WC object then you can list this as an 'additional parameter' in your schedules.
If not and you don't want to get into GDL scripting then you can add a custom text field to your schedule but you will need to update that manually.

Schedules can't perform any type of calculations except for a 'Sum' total of a column of values or counting the number of objects if you 'group like items'.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
G D Tune
Participant
Thanks Barry, this helps.

I do only want to 'sum' and I guess the 'cost' field in each object allows me to do that already. However, I just wondered if there is another 'numeric' field that can be used rather than the cost field.

There seems to be a difference between the 'cost' field (which has a numeric symbol next to it) and a 'user defined' field (which appears to be text only)?
Regards
Geoff
Barry Kelly
I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are trying to do (and I might not be helping much any more) but you can schedule any parameter of an object.
If it is a numeric parameter you can sum it.
If it is a text parameter then it will be just that - text.

So if your 'WC' object has a parameter for "fixture units" you can use that.
If it doesn't then you can get into the GDL script and add one if you know what you are doing.

If you didn't want to use the 'cost' parameter for the actual cost then you could use that for the fixture units - you can change the column title in the schedule.
Or you could use any other parameter so long as it is numeric.
I don't use the same object you do so I can't comment on what parameters it has.

The custom text parameters that you can add from the 'general' section of parameters in the schedule settings are just text fields and can't be summed.

The attached image shows how you add an additional parameter to a schedule if you don't already know.
Remember this is a different object so I added the 'waste position' just as an example.

Barry.
schedule_custom_parameters.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11