Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Calculation Units in AC15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't get the calculation units to change in AC15. I reset it in the dialog but get no change in the scheduler. Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Depends on the units - some units in the schedules come from the Calc Units dialog; others come from dimension settings. The inconsistency has existed since version 8.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl.

I figured it out just a moment before you posted. Is there some reasoning behind this or is it just a stupid flaw? In any case it should be in the help docs.
Karl Ottenstein
It has been a long-term complaint that has never been justified by Graphisoft. There is nothing obvious about which fields will be formatted according to which settings. And, while a named Dimension Settings can be associated with a view - allowing different views to display in different ways ... there is no such thing as a named Calculation Units setting. So, if you want cubic feet for air volume in one schedule but cubic yards for concrete / fill in another - you're stuck with exporting to Excel.

Pretty frustrating.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup. Kind of annoying. It really feels sort of cobbled together.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Karl wrote:
It has been a long-term complaint that has never been justified by Graphisoft. There is nothing obvious about which fields will be formatted according to which settings. And, while a named Dimension Settings can be associated with a view - allowing different views to display in different ways ... there is no such thing as a named Calculation Units setting. So, if you want cubic feet for air volume in one schedule but cubic yards for concrete / fill in another - you're stuck with exporting to Excel.

Pretty frustrating.

Cheers,
Karl
Agree; Lets hope 16 has some improvements in the scheduling, accuracy as well.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"