Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Can't link zone by material???WHY????

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why can't you link properties by the material (located in the main dialog box) of a zone? A door or window can be linked by the material (located in the main dialog box). Archicad is so frustrating. It has a lot of half accomplished ideas. I can do something in one thing but not the other!!!

I want to count floor material and have the material show up in the schedule. DO it once and it works in more than one instance.
A great concept .... if only Graphisoft would think that way.

Sorry for the vent,
Michele
3 REPLIES 3
LiHigh
Newcomer
Infact you can.

GS made it difficult by assigning an unintuitive parameter name " Floor/Base" to Zone's Floor Material.

Just add " Floor/Base" Parameter from Additional Parameters.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Anonymous
Not applicable
I meant linking criteria so archicad can list it from the calculate menu. Can you add parameters there? I made a pdf of the screen shot with material greyed out.

Michele
TomWaltz
Participant
You're right. The "materials" of the Zone are parameters of the Zone object itself, not part of the general Zone Tool.

You seem to be in "General" tab, which allows you to pick what parameters determine whether a Zone is included in the schedule or not.

Go to the "Fields" tab and click "Additional Parameters." Then you have the LONG hunt for the proper parameter to include....
Tom Waltz