Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cigraph Paranoia

gpowless
Advocate
I spent part of my day trying to log on, download and update a number of Cigraph products. The "new Cigraph dongle will make it easier" they say.

I disagree. I see no need for such elaborate protection on an add-on for Archicad.

Is this really warranted? And how many people would steal the add-on if it was made available? Our USB ports are already overloaded and complicated protection systems for moderately useful products are a waste of resources and a waste of my time. I would rather see Cigraph put better quality into their products.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
52 REPLIES 52
Anonymous
Not applicable
Istvan:

Thank you for your detailed reply. I am looking forward to ArchiStair 2!

Don Lee
Karl Ottenstein
Matthew wrote:
gpowless wrote:
...Which is why site licenses would allow the add-on to be used (or not) and any machine in the organization.
I haven't checked with Cigraph, but I imagine that their WIBU key could be set up as a network license just like ArchiCAD with some limited number of licenses allowed to run concurrently on any machines.
I just tested this, and the Cigraph WIBU key works over a network just like the ArchiCAD key.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Yes Karl,

as I wrote in another dedicated post:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=26685

The dongle can be SINGLE or NETWORK (like the ArchiCAD one).
A SINGLE dongle can authorize up to 10 different add-ons (on the local machine).
A NETWORK dongle can authorize up to 5 different add-ons (along the network).

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Karl Ottenstein
Fabrizio wrote:
The dongle can be SINGLE or NETWORK (like the ArchiCAD one).
Hi Fabrizio,

I was referring to networking a single dongle. For example, my ArchiCAD key is a single standalone license. But, the WIBU software allows me to access that license from any computer plugged into my network so I don't have to keep unplugging the keyplug from one machine and into another.

Maybe we are saying the same thing? Your sentence made me think that there was some internal difference between a 'single' and a 'network' dongle...

Regards,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Karl,

to tell you the truth, from what we know, networking a SINGLE dongle is possible with our solution but you have to install the WIBU Network service... at least this is what WIBU says.
In any case, please remember your dongle is a "special" dongle quite different from the standard ones: in fact it lets you use all of our products (also the "future" ones) and lets you use till 50 licences... you have to buy other 49 ArchiCAD!!!

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Karl Ottenstein
Fabrizio wrote:
to tell you the truth, from what we know, networking a SINGLE dongle is possible with our solution but you have to install the WIBU Network service... at least this is what WIBU says.
Yes, that is what I was talking about. I finally enabled the network service so that I didn't have to keep moving the dongle from computer to computer. Works nicely.
In any case, please remember your dongle is a "special" dongle quite different from the standard ones:
Well, that is kind of why I was vague. 😉

[OK, Dwight, no jokes about my 'special dongle'! ]

Now that it is no longer a secret, besides thanking you again, I suppose I should come clean to the readers here that you have provided me (and several others) with this special dongle. Everyone please note that I was not in a position to promise Fabrizio a Senate seat in Illinois, nor anything else in return. 😉

Merry Christmas to you and family - especially your newest addition!

Regards,
Karl
Thomas Holm
Booster
Karl wrote:
Everyone please note that I was not in a position to promise Fabrizio a Senate seat in Illinois, nor anything else in return. 😉
With such a special dongle... perhaps a seat in Montana?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Dwight
Newcomer
Karl wrote:

Wouldn't touch it.
Dwight Atkinson
Eduardo Rolon
Dwight wrote:
Karl wrote:

Wouldn't touch it.