Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Curtainwall schedule - 3d view? elevation?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

We are doing our first job in ArchiCAD and I am running into an issue with scheduling a couple of curtain walls.

What we like to do to aside from an actual door schedule (spreadsheet type), we like to create a graphic type "Opening Schedule" which shows all windows, storefronts and curtain-walls in elevation, with dimensions, mullion layouts, glass colors, etc..

It took a while but I finally got all of the windows and storefronts in a schedule, minus all of the extra stuff that kept getting put into the schedule, but I cannot figure out how to get an elevation or 3d front view (like in the windows/doors) to display in the schedule.

Is this even an option? I know its not an option in the Curtain Wall fields, and i cant seem to find anything in the "Additional Parameters..." so is there some trick to getting a curtain wall elevation into a schedule?

Please help our deadline is coming fast. We unfortunately are having to learn ArchiCAD on a Fasttrack project, which is a little problematic.

Thanks,
15 REPLIES 15
Erika Epstein
Booster
Absolutely,
1. Just place a section or elevation marker in front of the CWs,
2.create views at the scale they will fit in your schedule and
3.on your layout place them on your schedule. Their backgrounds can be set to transparent.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erika,

I finally got a couple of elevations of my curtain walls on the opening schedule using the standard linked elevation mark and just turning the mark off in the floor plan, setting a layer state with only A-GLAZ-FULL to show and placing it on the spaces I made for them on the sheet.

Here is the final, although I cant figure out how to get the blue fill in the elevations.
Untitled.jpg
Erika Epstein
Booster
In the section marker settings,

Model Display Tab> Uncut Elements> Fill uncut surfaces with: own materials

Don't forget to redefine the view to save this change.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you so much for all of your help.

while I still have you as a captive educator, do you know if there is a way to force the graphic scale to be a different scale?

This opening schedule in the view map is 1/4" = 1' and when i bring it into the layout sheet it says that the original scale is 1' = 1' and the drawings scale is 1' = 1' (magnification 100%). So the actual windows are at the 1/4" scale, but the graphic scale beneath the schedule window is showing 1" = 1".

Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Erika Epstein
Booster
You are welcome.

Not sure which graphic scale you are using. Is it the one that is part of the drawing title: see attached photo? It looks like you are, but the drawing is the one from the schedule which is 1:1.

If it is the drawing scale library part symbol, it is reading the scale of the layout which is 1:1.

What you can do is use the title from one of the CW elevations which are separate views at 1/4" and turn off everything but the graphic scale.
You will have to put a small circle radius and line length in to not get errors, and/or use the white masking pen 91. When you place the graphic scale, if you use the small circle and line lengths (1/64") if you leave the pen black you can hide it by placing it on the line of the title.

Save it as a favorite, and then it will be available for other layouts.

HTH
graphic scale.png
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Just realized that it is not possible to have a proper schedule with curtain walls appearing with their floor plans and elevations similar to doors and windows!
How is this possible???
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL