BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Curtainwall schedule - 3d view? elevation?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

We are doing our first job in ArchiCAD and I am running into an issue with scheduling a couple of curtain walls.

What we like to do to aside from an actual door schedule (spreadsheet type), we like to create a graphic type "Opening Schedule" which shows all windows, storefronts and curtain-walls in elevation, with dimensions, mullion layouts, glass colors, etc..

It took a while but I finally got all of the windows and storefronts in a schedule, minus all of the extra stuff that kept getting put into the schedule, but I cannot figure out how to get an elevation or 3d front view (like in the windows/doors) to display in the schedule.

Is this even an option? I know its not an option in the Curtain Wall fields, and i cant seem to find anything in the "Additional Parameters..." so is there some trick to getting a curtain wall elevation into a schedule?

Please help our deadline is coming fast. We unfortunately are having to learn ArchiCAD on a Fasttrack project, which is a little problematic.

Thanks,
15 REPLIES 15
Erika Epstein
Booster
In my example I scheduled all 3D elements with IDs that begin with either D or W.
This gave the option of including the curtain wall PANELS which I had made either door or windows and given the appropriate ID.

The only problem is some parameters like Height and width for the CW must be called separately from similar ones for the doors and windows

HTH
Openings schedule.png
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much for that. I scheduled "All 3d elements" and filtered out the two curtain walls BY Element ID name. But unfortunately the place where the elevation is supposed to show up is blank.

Any ideas why this is happening and why the 3d elevation is not showing up?
Untitled.jpg
Erika Epstein
Booster
Can you post a screenshot of your scheme settings ?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
The fields are shown in the previous image and the criteria are included in this image below:
Untitled.jpg
Erika Epstein
Booster
you seem to have forgotten to add the images.
Make sure they fit the size constraints.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a little test schedule I setup. I at least got the curtain wall names "C" to show something. its a big black square, but at least something is showing. Is that perhaps just one panel from the whole curtain wall system?
Untitled.jpg
Erika Epstein
Booster
Adam
Attached is the exported openings schedule I made which you can import into your project. I included a storefront in the criteria. I find it easier to use the ID manager and give prefixes like D for doors that I want to schedule. Others prefer the opposite and scedule a type of element and then add qualifiers ruling out empty windows etc. Both work.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
and here is a screen shot
openings 2.png
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, so things made with the curtain wall tool will not schedule...

Unfortunately I used the CW tool and its a special n shaped window, so the storefront tool isnt going to work for me.

Is there a way I can just create an elevation of the two Curtain Walls outside of the schedule and then just place those elevations into the schedule in the blank spaces i have made for them?
Untitled.jpg
Learn and get certified!