Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Does anyone use Cadimage Bracing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking for any opinions on the bracing tool.
Does it work for additions?
Is it quicker than manual placement, is it easy to use?
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Danj I appreciate your help, I can see potential with this tool, it will be great if I can include all of the bracing.
Especially as the new Ezybrace calculator does not have subfloor bracing in it!
Anonymous
Not applicable
So you want to add the braces (Anchor Pile, etc) as a preset, remember to set it as a fixed Bu's and not Bu/m. Then on your pile plan you want to draw a random walls each way and generate your bracing, it will throw all sorts of error at you but ignore them, we are just after some brace lines, elements and the table.
bracing1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
You want to delete the walls and the braces, then go to your object tool and manually add your braces from your cadimage folder, selecting the desired brace type as required. For anchor piles you will need to add a brace twice, one for each direction. You also want to duplicate your brace lines out to suit making you update the number in the object to reflect how many braces you create. Then you want to select your table and go to your cadimage menu and update. Now within the table properties there is a drop down box near top "Location of Storey" you want to set this to foundation of One (assuming single story) and it will now display the correct values in your table. (I have checked these values against the branz bracing calculation sheets and had had no issues with accuracy, yet). Now with "Foundation" selected if you add more braces and update your will get an error but it will still do the maths, once complete you need to go back into the table and select "Foundation of One" again and it should all work again and you should end up with a page like picture below. I really hope this makes sense.
bracing2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying something along these lines, the bit I cannot find how to do though is set the fixed B/u's. Is this done in the preset or the calculation?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I found it in the preset
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Danj
How do You schedule the descriptions?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Down the bottom in scheme setting click Add > Additional Object Properties and find Cadimage Bracing.gsm and add Label and Description
bracing3.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Danj
I cannot get the table to work, when I replace the GS1-N braces for anchor piles from the object tool, then recalculate (changed to foundation of one) the table errors with insufficient bracing for all lines (doubled up) & appears with no bracing.
I can do a straight swap with the Gib braces for the anchor piles through the preset but then the table shows them as having a length.
I have set them to fixed BU's in the preset & then followed your instructions but I cannot get it to work.
Could you email me a plan file with a basic set up & the table with presets for this
Thanks
I have p'm ed you my email
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Can anyone help me installing the bracing tool, please?

I'm Chilean, but I develop projects to NZ, I purchase the cadimage tools, but I can not see the bracing tool anywhere. I update my working enviroment as the Cadimage knowledge database indicates to, but somehow I can't see the Bracing tool in my Addons.

I thought that the bracing tool is discontinued but I can see you guys using it in AC18, so I think that maybe this happens because the region/ip of my laptop (Chile) is blocked to actually download it, just guessing.

It will really help my to improve me drawings.

Thanks a lot.
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
feifei wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone help me installing the bracing tool, please?

I'm Chilean, but I develop projects to NZ, I purchase the cadimage tools, but I can not see the bracing tool anywhere. I update my working enviroment as the Cadimage knowledge database indicates to, but somehow I can't see the Bracing tool in my Addons.

I thought that the bracing tool is discontinued but I can see you guys using it in AC18, so I think that maybe this happens because the region/ip of my laptop (Chile) is blocked to actually download it, just guessing.

It will really help my to improve me drawings.

Thanks a lot.
The Bracing tools is, as you suspect, only sold here in New Zealand. If you're working on NZ projects where you are though, then we can probably figure something out for you - just PM me your email address and I'll get in touch.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200