BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door ID Schedule Order

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a 10+ level project, which is unusual in our office, and our doors labeled 10xx are being scheduled among doors labeled 1xx. For example, the doors would be sorted by order of door ID 1028, 1029, 103, 1030, 1031. The door ID is based off the NCS marker which reads the zone the door is swinging to or from.

I understand a solution is placing the zero before the 3-digit numbers such as 0103, 0104, etc. but since the door ID is being read from the zone/room numbers, we'd prefer NOT to place the zero before the 3-digit numbers.

Is there by any chance I'm missing a schedule setting that would sort the four digit 10xx door IDs at the end of the schedule? Or a reasonable work-around? This is being done in AC14. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Lee
Booster
As far as I know, the ID is treated as TEXT, not a NUMBER. So the only solution would be to add zeroes as you have mentioned.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, that makes sense - the zone number is indeed a text field. But if the schedule field was set to sort by the ID instead of the Zone number, the order would be correct without the zeroes at the start. Only if ArchiCAD could allow for various door ID numbers in modules which we are using for typical floor plates.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have written about this recently here
http://architruques.blogspot.com/2011/05/reorganizar-elementos-nos-mapas.html

Try using Google Translate.

The gist of it is:

1- Use the IDs for numbering exactly as you want to appear on schedule - 103.
2- Use a extra parameter with "real" numbers, i.e., numbers that will guarantee that the doors appear in the correct sequence - 0103.
3- Put this Parameter as the first one in the schedule.
4- Hide the left column of the schedule in the Layout.
doors id.jpg
Learn and get certified!