BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door & window schedule

Gary Hudson Jeffrey
Participant
Does anyone know how to add notes/remarks to Archicad interactive window list/schedule. IE can you add extra row of cells containing notes??
ArchiCAD 64 20 Solo
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Quad Core i7 3770K
16GB RAM
2GB Nvidia Quadro K2000D
HP Designjet 510 24” colour printer
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
Yes, add a Custom Text Field, you will be limited to only 256 characters though or 2xTweet length.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Gary Hudson Jeffrey
Participant
How do I add a custom text field to the schedule?
ArchiCAD 64 20 Solo
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Quad Core i7 3770K
16GB RAM
2GB Nvidia Quadro K2000D
HP Designjet 510 24” colour printer
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Gary:

Under the Windows' Parameters for Listing tab there should be a number of text parameters that could be added (Manufacturer, Glazing, etc) and a few User Defined fields. Use the Fields pane in the Scheme Settings to add one or more of these parameters to the schedule.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you to get the "User Defined" fields in the window/door selection settings' "parameters for listing" to talk to/report to the "Custom Text" fields in the schedule?

I have filled in the User Defined fields of the window/door on the plans, but the Schedules' "Custom Text" fields are not getting populated with this information.

I know I can perform a work around by "taking over" existing AC fields and simply renaming the headers in the schedule, but curious about this particular issue.

Thanks
Karl Ottenstein
MarkMoscrip wrote:
How do you to get the "User Defined" fields in the window/door selection settings' "parameters for listing" to talk to/report to the "Custom Text" fields in the schedule?

I have filled in the User Defined fields of the window/door on the plans, but the Schedules' "Custom Text" fields are not getting populated with this information.
You don't. They are completely separate data fields. The Custom Text fields do not appear in the Object Settings UI (as far as I see). They are available for all elements for adding additional information in the schedule itself.

The User Defined fields ARE in the UI under the Parameters for Listing... but you have to add them to your schedule by clicking the "Add" button at the botom of the available parameters list and browsing to an object of the (sub) type that you're scheduling.

See attached screenshot where I'm about to add "User Defined 1" to a schedule.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Karl!
Learn and get certified!