Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Duplication walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to do a search on this topic but didn't have any luck finding a solution.

Just wondering if anyone has found a solution for when a schedule decides to multiply a wall for the output. It only seems to be an issue when I add more criteria to the Scheme Setting. In the first example below I have simple wall takeoff everything is grouped nicely and giving me accurate outputs. In the second one, I want to filter out one of the wall types because it is for my gable end truss that comes pre-built and sheathed from my supplier so I don't want its data muddying my numbers. As soon as I add the "Complex Profile is not WALL-GABLE_2x w/ Siding" it removes the wall from the schedule but everything else is increased 12 times.

Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Jason Roesler,

I think the problem is that you are using the wrong schedule type. There are 3 types of interactive schedules:
- element schedules - where you can list model elements and their properties
- component schedules - where you can list components of elements and the properties of those components (so not a wall but eg. what building materials it is made of)
- surface schedules - where you can list information about different types of surfaces of elements

As I can see you are trying to list information about walls (which are model elements), but you created a component schedule for it. When you first create the schedule, the listed attributes may not specify what components you are listing, so since there are only element information listed, it won't break them down. but once you add any component specific information (eg. list the name of building materials, or in your case, filter for a certain complex profile), the schedule knows what components you are looking for and will list the components instead of the elements.

So when you just listed basic info about walls, it still just listed different walls, but once you defined that you are listing elements with certain complex profiles, it knows that the components of a complex profile are building materials, so it will create a new entry for each building material in the complex profile of each element. The reason the values are all the same, is that they are all coming from the same wall, and you didn't list building material specific information, just general wall information (so eg. the reference line).

So, I think the solution to your problem would be to create the same list as an element schedule instead. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit