cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Element Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm fairly new to ArchiCAD, so if this elementary sorry. I am using 11 and am having difficulties making an element schedule to tabulate my loft beams. If I allow single line entries it is good. When I show uniform items as a single entry it is adding the lengths together. Instead of showing 23 @ 176.25" I get 23 @ 4053.75". Is this a "bug" or am I missing an option somewhere???
8 REPLIES 8
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's a feature.

You can turn it off in your Schedule Options, by unchecking 'Show uniform items as a single entry'. To get to your Schedule Options, there will be a small arrow at the top left of your schedule window. If you hit the grey bar that the arrow is on, it will open up the Schedule Options.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got that. I want it on. I just want the length to show for one item. When I do group the items quantity and width are correct. I don't understand why it wants to add the lengths together. I have attatched a jpeg.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I'm not sure if that an option.

Instead you can list all beams individually and then show a sum of how many there are, at the bottom. But I don't think you can achieve what you want automatically.

Maybe someone can prove me wrong....

Cheers,
Link.
Thomas Holm
Booster
always wrote:
I don't understand why it wants to add the lengths together..
It does because that is what you've selected. That is what the 'Show uniform items as a single entry' means!
But you're got the solution in your jpeg. Just give the item you want singled out it's own ID, ad it won't sum with the others.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually, I think I get what A.L. is saying here - wants the identical beams to be listed once, but wants the length to indicate the length of just one beam, not a cumulative length.

Just like in a door schedule, if you have four identical 3' wide doors and select 'show uniform items as a single entry' you still want the width to read 3', not 12'
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm glad that Chris figured out what I was trying to do. I was probably not explaining myself well. I haven't found a solution yet. I used the joist beam 11 object and the schedule worked correctly.
I'm not real happy with that solution, but it works. There are many people in the industry of design who do not like change. I was just trying to get the way they've been drawing to work. I'm the only one in our company running 11, we're upgrading from release 7! I get to set up the template and figure it all out. My backround is in AutoCAD so I'm just getting the ropes, and I haven't been with this company long. I guess change is just going to be a must in this case. Thanks for the help, I have found this forum to be quite useful.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
always wrote:
I'm glad that Chris figured out what I was trying to do...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not having that experience of element schedules, but why not use ArchiCad's integrated SQL function? There you could do this.