cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Exploding DWG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, and happy holidays.

I have been setting up archicad 23 as I have upgraded, I am using the solo license. I have noticed that every time I try to import and explode a DWG in this version, the drawing completely disappears, Layers are all on, I have tried importing the layers and using the drawing layer but it will still completely disappear. It's fine until it's exploded.
I use External content > Place external Drawing > Explode into current view.

If I try to open a DWG directly I will just get a blank screen. The layers seem to import but no lines whatsoever. I am using a MacBook Pro 2017.
These are 2d files no 3d coordinates

Any help is much appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mikas
Expert
Could be your renovation status? You have set your view to: Renovation - existing, and the exploded dwg content could explode to be something else than existing (demolished or new).

Just a quick thought.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add this process works fine on Archicad 22 version. I wonder if some limitation in the solo version is stopping this process?
Solution
mikas
Expert
Could be your renovation status? You have set your view to: Renovation - existing, and the exploded dwg content could explode to be something else than existing (demolished or new).

Just a quick thought.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mikas,

You are totally right, thank you for the tip, I have some more tutorials to do it seems!