Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting the calculations along with the geometry and properties to IFC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm a developper
My copy of archicad is in french

my boss needs me to ask this:

We are creating a type of wall that uses wood and concrete.
We can't use the wall tool because we need more precision on the layers, vertical layers, horizontal layers, concrete columns and lintels etc
then we are using the calculation tool to make a precise calculation of different quantities of product needed in the manufacturing of these walls

this is an example of calculation (just to be sure i got the right name (french archicad etc etc...))
in our process we then export an ifc and send to the factory

The need:

We need to be able to export the result of the calculations, in the ifc.

All the code for the calculations is written already so we would like to avoid doing it all again in the gdl, furthermore if we did it in gdl it would only be applied to our wall object and not to all the rest (roof, slab etc...) .
(I know in the example above the calculation made is for all the objects selected, but it can be displayed individually by object, it was just to show an example of calculation)
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The image did not get attached. Can you try uploading it again?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is an example of calculation, the data i would like to export in ifc as properties of the object for which it is calculated...