Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Ganged windows- Single line in window schedule?

I am trying to figure out how to make ganged windows appear as a single line (single window unit) in a window schedule. Is this even possible?

I am aware you can create an Empty Opening, and put another wall within and thus put the windows in a "fake" wall, and get something close, but I am hoping that I'm just missing something here. Modular Joinery Object is another possible option, but it doesn't seem to have a sliding window, which is one of the units I need to incorporate in the ganged unit.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
3 REPLIES 3
Richard,

I'm interested to see how this might be accomplished also. The difficulties point in two different directions:

architecturally, I want to see trims and casings applied in elevations, of course, but not in the schedules I produce. Two different sets of trades see documents produced from the model and so being clear about what is documented is a challenge.

looking backward from the window manufacturer's shop drawings shows ganged units of different tupes and I'd like to be able to more closely align my documents to this form.

In both cases, I'd like to think like a specifier or estimator for the solution. Windows and Entrance systems are but one example of the frustration in intelligent objects trying to be all things to all people.

we've got scale sensitivity and model view options at our disposal and it's still not enough.

a bit like that german expression "eierlegende wollmilchsau!"
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
I asked GS Tech Support about this issue. They stated the program doesn't do this right now, but thought it was a very good idea and would pass it along to the developers. One possibility that was suggested was creating a new window from a morph of multiple units, but this would not be terribly flexible after it's been created, of course.

I'm frankly flabbergasted that this need apparently hasn't come up before in a significant way, especially for those firms that are doing primarily commercial/institutional work.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
It has been brought up, repeatedly, for many years, probably by others, but certainly by me. I gave up some time ago. Maybe this time they'll remember.